Come Alive in D5 Official Results
Event Dates: Friday, April 14 – Saturday, April 15, 2023
Location: Cross Brand Cowboy Church, 11915 FM 2015, Tyler
- Tune-in for an overview of the Come Alive in D5 event. Have your questions answered regarding logistics, where to be for each contest, etc.
- Tuesday, April 11 via Zoom, 5:30 – 6:15 pm
- Session will be recorded and can be accessed via this site
- Link to join Zoom meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89990804642?pwd=ZjE1RkpuOGFkS203U21BdWxOZHc0dz09
- Regular registration is open from February 1 to March 21, 2023
- Late registration – March 22-24, 2023 (late fees apply)
- Regular registration: $15 per contestant per contest
- Late registration: $30 per contestant per contest
Final Schedule of Events
|Friday, April 14|
|7:30 – 10:30 am||Site Closed for Event Set-up||All buildings|
|10:30 am||Check-in Desk Opens||Foyer between Main and Children’s Building|
|10:30 am||Food Trucks Open||Parking Lot|
|11:00 am||Fashion Show Interviews*||Children’s Building|
|11:30 am||Drop and Go contest entries due||Check-in Desk in Foyer|
|12:00 pm||Duds to Dazzle||Multi-purpose Building|
|12:00 – 2:00 pm||Judging of Storyboards, Entomology Collections and Fabric & Textile Creations||Children’s Building|
|2:00 pm||Display area open for viewing entries||Main Building|
|3:00 pm||Fashion Show Rehearsal||Main Building|
|4:00 pm||Fashion Show and Day 1 Award Ceremony||Main Building|
|Saturday, April 15|
|8:00 am||Check-in Desk Opens||Foyer between Main and Children’s Building|
|8:00 am||Food Trucks Open||Parking Lot|
|8:30 am – 12:00 pm||Educational Presentations Public Speaking Robotics Challenge||Children’s Building Main Building Multi-purpose Building|
|1:00 – 3:00 pm Come & Go Contests||Agriculture Product ID Horticulture ID Photography Judging Consumer Decision Making||Children’s Building|
|3:00 pm||4-H Talent Showcase and Day 2 Award Ceremony||Main Building|
Awards and Prizes
- An awards ceremony will be conducted at the end of the contest period each day. Youth participating in the Come Alive in D5 contests are encouraged to stay for the awards ceremonies. Youth placing, but unable to participate in the ceremony, will receive their award and prize from their county agent.
- 1st – 3rd places will be presented a rosette and a prize to be selected by recipient at time of ceremony.
- Placings for the Come Alive in D5 will also be published via email and the District 5 4-H website one week after this event.