Below is information from the state office regarding National 4-H Week.
Texas 4-H, your movement… your story! What better way to tell the 4-H story in Texas than to use the voice of the more than 650,000 youth who participate in different aspects of the Texas 4-H Program annually. From October 7th to the 13th, 2012 Texas 4-H will join the nation in celebrating 4-H week across our country. To assist our county offices in the promotion of this annual week, we have compiled the 2012 National 4-H Week Packet. This packet provides a variety of information on how your 4-H members, volunteers, and clubs can celebrate 4-H, and spread the word about this great positive youth development program.
The 2012 packet includes:
- Seven days of celebrations! Ideas and themes for each day of National 4-H Week from hosting a science event on Wednesday, the National 4-H Day of Science, to the big celebration on Saturday which is one day 4-H – the day we all make a difference through community service.
- News releases that talk about the positive aspects of 4-H and its volunteers
- Proclamations for use with County Commissioners, City Officials and other groups wishing to recognize 4-H at the local and county level.
- Facebook Icons and Graphics that county offices and 4-H clubs can use to promote 4-H, and National 4-H Week.
- Recruitment sign templates.
- Advertisements that can be shared with local media and newspapers to use in print during the week.
- Program shells for use at banquets, social occasions, or other 4-H events.
- What is your 4-H Story……? Two stories highlighting Texas 4-H members! These are an example of what you can do at your local level as you begin to market and promote the 4-H program. By looking at your 4-H members, what is the story they could tell others? Let them speak and see the spark they can create!
- Texas 4-H, Your Movement, Your Story graphics. A variety of graphics in jpg format that can be used on marketing pieces.
In addition to the National 4-H Week packet we want to hear from the 4-H members on what their 4-H Story is! A website has been set up so 4-H members and volunteers can tell their 4-H story. These stories will be used and compiled as needed in marketing and interpreting the program throughout our state and country. Please direct your 4-H members and adults to the Texas 4-H – What is your story website for their submission.
This packet is available for download as well as each individual piece from the 2012 National 4-H Week website. The address for the site is: http://texas4-h.tamu.edu/4hweek
We hope you enjoy the 2012 National 4-H Week packet and if you have any questions please feel free to contact the Texas 4-H and Youth Development Program.
Here’s a pdf of the packet: 2012 National 4-H Week Packet